CHI - St. Joseph's Health - MN

Fall/Winter 2015

Issue link:

Contents of this Issue


Page 11 of 11

National & State Honors Minnesota Hospital Association Good Catch Award First Quarter, 2015 MHA Community Benet Award The FATHER Project, 2014 MHA Patient Safety Excellence Award Partnership for Patients Excellence Award, 2014 Quality Improvement Eort Honor – OB Minnesota Hospital Association & March of Dimes, 2014 TOP 100 Critical Access Hospital HealthStrong, 2013 Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures – Surgery November, 2013 WomenCertied America's BestHospitals Women's Choice Award – OB November, 2013 Studer Group Fire Starter Healthcare Organization of theMonth July, 2013 MN Department of Health Certicate of Recognition The FATHER Project, 2013 MHA Patient Safety Excellence Awards SAFE ACCOUNT, 2012 SAFE COUNT, 2009 SAFE from FALLS, 2008 SAFE SITE, 2008 SAFE SKIN, 2008 St. Joseph's Area Health Services 600 Pleasant Avenue S Park Rapids, MN 56470 CHI St. Joseph's Health Experience better health. HealthLine is published by CHI St. Joseph's Health. If you have comments or suggestions, please contact in writing: Judith Miller, Communication/Marketing Manager | 600 Pleasant Avenue | Park Rapids, MN 56470 | 218.732.3311 or 800.566.3311 | A federal grant from the Health and Resources Services Administration (HRSA) is helping equip our community with AEDs— automated external defibrillators—to assist people who experience sudden cardiac arrest. The HRSA awarded the three-year grant to 12 CHI rural hospitals within its Fargo Division, including CHI St. Joseph's Health, through its Rural Access to Emergency Devices Grant Program. Year two of the three-year grant closed in August 2015. The total estimated cost for the AED Collaborative project is $1,034,720 over the full three years. Of this, HRSA has awarded $397,416 in federal funds for years one and two. The award is for 12-month budget periods with one additional allocation for the remaining third year, providing $595,920, or 58 percent, of potential federal assistance, over the full three-year period. The remaining $438,800—42 percent—is funded by nongovernmental sources. The grant helped CHI St. Joseph's Health place AEDs at these locations: Bethany Lutheran Church, 100 3rd Ave., Nevis Blueberry Pines Golf Club, 39161 U.S. Hwy. 71, Menahga Citizens National Bank, 300 1st St. W., Park Rapids Hubbard County Public Works, 101 Crocus Hill St., Park Rapids Hubbard County Social Services, 301 Court Ave., Park Rapids Hubbard County Transfer Station North, Hwy. 71, Laporte Hubbard County Transfer Station South, 812 Henrietta Ave. S., Park Rapids Hugo's Family Marketplace, 101 4th St. E., Park Rapids Park Rapids Century School (three AEDs), 501 Helten Ave., Park Rapids Park Rapids Area High School (three AEDs), 401 Huntsinger Ave., Park Rapids Make A Di erence! Donate Today CHI St. Joseph's Health Foundation Secure Online Donations Foundation Sonja Day CHI St. Joseph's Health Foundation Director For your convenience, you can now donate online. Please go to our new website at for thelink.

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of CHI - St. Joseph's Health - MN - Fall/Winter 2015